A step-by-step guide to naming your Hodler NFT
What is a Name-Changing-Token (NCT)?
Those familiar with the popular Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) collection, “The Hashmasks” will have prior exposure to the idea of an NFT with name changing capabilities. Being the trailblazing collection that they are if you wish to read in detail here is their write up on NCTs in the Hashmasks.
In short, an NCT is an ERC-20 token that enables you to edit the Metadata of your NFT!
Once you connect your wallet you will be to see the Hodlers NFTs that you own. Go ahead and select the Hodler whose name you would like to change. Left click and get on your way!
If you do not already have NCT tokens in your wallet you will need to use Uniswap or you can use the “swap” function in your MetaMask Wallet to purchase some (you will not need many).
The Hodler team has taken the liberty to get you started, we have airdropped 200 NCT( ~ $10) to each wallet containing a Hodler, the amount of NCT needed to change the name of 1 Hodler.
To learn more about swapping tokens, see This Uniswap Tutorial.
Once you have your NCTs in your wallet click the “Change Name” button on the Hodler. You will be prompted with a box in which you should type the new name of your Hodelr and follow the 3 steps listed.
The new name should follow the validation rules below:
- No name can be identical to another already in use .
- There is a limit of 25 characters (including spaces).
- Uniqueness is case insensitive (i.e. “John” and “john” are considered the same for the blockchain).
- There are no leading or trailing «spaces».
- Only alphanumeric symbols are eligible for use. No dashes, hyphens, or other key symbols.
- The new name will immediately appear after metadata refreshes .
- Any name that contains profanity will not be validated.
Similar to the approval and confirmation process of listing or buying an NFT you will need to pay a small gas fee when your MetaMask pops up to make the alteration to the tokens metadata.
Congrats your name should now show up wherever your NFT is visible!
If your name does not show on OpenSea, click the button noted in the image below and you should be all set!
As always, keep calm and Hodl on. ✨